Friday, January 06, 2006

Best Christmas Present

My sweet lady-friend gave me a christmas present before I left home for the States. She wrapped the gift in really nice wrapping paper along with a bow on top, and I was completely surprised that she would get me anything considering there are more Mormons than Christians in Thailand.

To my utter gut-wrenching laughter, I opened the present to find.... a pink tricycle with a schoolgirl clock on the front wheel and a styro-foam light attached to the back wheels. See above pic. I cannot over-emphasize how hard I laughed when I took it out of the box and how long I continued to laugh while trying to find a plug to turn it on. I think she didn't quite know how to react to my reaction, but when she asked if I liked it, I just laughed harder.

Wow, got to give it to the Thai's for their style. How can you top a present like this?

~ J-Dub

1 Comments:

Blogger Cali Thais said...

Just so you know, I got a small plush baby-blue teddy bear holding a basket from JW's lady friend for Christmas. She said, "for pens in your office!" I said, "no, I like it too much to have it down in the office... better put it in my room where no one - I mean where I get to see it every morning." I guess it is the thought that counts, right?
~Bear

Friday, January 13, 2006 10:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home