Monday, March 27, 2006

Things you only see in developing countries


The setting is mid-day and the temperature sultry. Motorbike (or bicycle) is the main mode of transportation in Cambodia and on this occasion my moto was out of gas. Getting gas is extremely easy around town, because people sell gas right out front of their homes along with assorted snacks and cigaretts. Gas is sold in empty Johnnie Walker bottles and thus easily transportable [I think due to the fact that it's not taxed coupled with the fact that gas stations are rare]. The girl who sold me gas was dressed in nothing more than pajamas. Now that I think about it, I don't think the picture even needs prose.

[clicking on the photo to see enlarged version recommended]

~J-Dub

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home