Tuesday, February 28, 2006

They Call Him Fiddy


Bear, his brother Brandon, a Cambodian named Sela and I went to the 50 Cent concert last Sunday here in Bangkok. I will be the first one to point out that we were all heavily intoxicated, which can only equal one thing: getting shot. Well, ok. It wasn't that bad. In fact no one got shot. But we did have a blast. Singha beer sponsored the event, and although the beer line was slower than Bear getting ready to go to lunch, the beers were huge and delicious.

The concert itself was better than expected. I once saw a live appearance of 50 on MTV Spring Break and it was obviously live because the performance was terrible. I mean, you couldn't understand half the shit 50 was saying. It was good to see that he is better at live performances. Fort Minor (Lincoln Park singer's solo project) was rockin'. Tony Yayo, Llyod Banks, and 50 played all of their hits, including half of "Hate it or Love it" and talking mad shit about The Game and leaving out his section.

Even being drunk as we all were, I have never felt safer at a rap concert in my life. It wasn't anything like the time I saw Snoop Dogg with my Dad in California (yeah, the pops is a HUGE Snoop fan) and we sat next to a group of four black women from Oakland who sucked down roaches like a Popeyes fried chicken promotion. I think there were a total of five black dudes at the 50 concert while weed is strictly illegal in Thailand.

Another factor that gave us HUGE amounts of cred was the fact that we had a Cambodian with us who has been shot three times .... by rockets (and doesn't walk with a limp). So if anyone tried to start some shit, hey we rep a homie who's been shot by rockets. RESPECT !

~ J-dub

P.S. Over Christmas the pops told me that he heard a radio story saying that Fiddy's persona is only a character that was made up, he was never shot, grew up in a well-to-do neighborhood, etc. If anyone can verify this, I would be interested.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home