Thursday, December 07, 2006

A Feel Good Day

Last Monday was one of those feel good days. I was checking on some of my scholars who were teaching young poor students at one of our free language schools. When I came in, the kids at class all started smiling, and on queue they stood up and said good afternoon. The teacher had an equally big smile on his face as he wasn't expecting to see me.

To see all the students diligently writing in their notebooks made me smile. It's was contagious. All these students were there because they want a better future and realize that education is key. I felt honored and touched to be able to help.

After the class I went with the scholar to pay for his year at university. (Money from a donor, not out of my own pocket.) The rector at the university said since he was chosen for the scholarship, he has seen a tremendous improvement in his attitude, studies, and dreams for the future. It was a great moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home