Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Gimme your best shot.

While out in the villages (see below post) I encoutered a rather heated discussion between a chief and the people in his village. My dozen words of Khmer couldn't distinguish whether they were angry or just talking loudly in their sing-song language. But I think they were yelling about the best place to place the well. So I kept my mouth shut.

The scary part of the whole experience was the fact that the dudes were fully tatted up with Khmer temples and ancient writtings all over their bodies. Apparently, these tattoos are meant to be magical and deflect any bullets that might be heading toward their body. (I've heard stories from multiple Cambodians who swear they were shot at during the war but the bullets never entered their bodies thanks to the tattoos. Pulp Fiction like.)

So I got to thinking, these dudes have most likely killed a few people.

So then I got to thinking, boy it would suck to get shot. Then I asked Brandon, "if you knew you were going to be shot, where would the best place be?" He said maybe the ass. I think maybe arm. Either way, the sound of a Cambodian cocking a gun scares us both very much.

~ J-Dub

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home