Tuesday, July 03, 2007

The Happs

My New Home

- Charles Murray's "In Pursuit: of Happiness and Good Government" is awesome. Murray, who also wrote "The Bell Curve," is plain genius. Pick up a copy- you'll love it.

- My iPod shuffle died when I was, curiously enough, running with it. Apparently, it doesn't like sweat making it's way into the components. Apple kills me. How can they market a product for running that dies when you run with it? (And it's not like it was wedged in between my nuts. It was clipped to the outside of my running shorts.)

- I joined a gym at a nearby hotel for two months. This will undoubtedly motivate me to preserve my stellar fitness.

- The monsoon season is approaching, and it's raining for about an hour everyday in the afternoon. I love the rainy season. Less people, cool weather, and neon green rice fields everywhere.

- I saw a 5 foot frog-eating snake crawling through the garden the other day. The Cambodians are terrified of snakes, but love to eat them. It was fun watching them all poised with brooms and bamboo hunting the snake.

- Vista is a slippery wicket. Slick new look and feel, but it fails terribly at retro-compatibility. Quick Books 2004, for example, doesn't run on my new computer with Vista, so I'm forced to either upgrade to the new version ($400) or buy a second hand computer with XP that can run the older version ($250). Ridiculous.

- I miss Bear.

~ J-Dub

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home