Saturday, May 27, 2006

Cambodians and Their Food: Part I

I smelled something absolute putrid coming the kitchen today. Hoping not to see a dead animal (which is what it smelled like) I went into the kitchen only to find a frying wok full of crickets.

While not uncommon for Cambodians to anything they can catch, these fried crickets were particularly foul. If you have never smelled this aweful stench, consider yourself lucky. I mean, it smelled like a wet river otter batheing in moldy sour cream.

The thought of the smell still makes me cringe.

~ J-Dub

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just yesterday I smelt something really good and went in and found our jumping friends being taken out of the wok. I don't know if they used sugar or what but for the first time they smelt good. To my supprise, no matter how they are cooked they still taste like dirt.

Thursday, June 01, 2006 5:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home