Thursday, November 03, 2005

Being sick is not fun

Both Bear and I have been sick at different times in the last week, since our trip to Cambodia. First Bear had hot/cold sweats before he developed a lingering cough which he still has. He had the pleasure of sitting next to live chickens on the bus ride back to Bangkok. Then two days ago, I woke up with tremendous fatigue and soreness all over followed by a wicked headache and hot/cold sweats. I won't bother anyone with the "explosive" details, but it's not fun.

The good news is that it's probably not Bird Flu because we are still alive. We both have not been to the doctor, but each day we have one less symptom. But it was scary to compare the symptoms of Bird Flu and our conditions. This is especially concerning when Monday CNN reports that a women who lives in our same district of Bankok, Nonthaburi, caught a case of bird flu.

Nonetheless you would have no idea that bird flu even exists judging by the normality of everyday live. Hopefully it's not N5H1 and as the saying goes, you have to experience the lows to appreciate the highs.

~J-Dub

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bird flu? Trips to Cambodia? Where are you guys? Thailand?

Friday, November 04, 2005 3:41:00 PM  
Blogger Cali Thais said...

Good recommendation Brandon -- chicks LOVE N95 masks. I fear that I might be mistaken as a parking lot attendant. How do you overcome this problem? And what or where is Han?

Friday, November 04, 2005 10:51:00 PM  
Blogger Cali Thais said...

Shark - Yeah my cuz and I are living in Bangkok but must make periodic visa runs out of the country because we can only stay in the country for up to 30/60 days depending on your visa before you must exit and re-enter. Cambodia is the closest, poorest country to Bangkok and we have family there so it's an easy choice.

So we might have caught some sort of sickness on re-entry... But we think it's probably not bird flu, so that's a good thing.

Friday, November 04, 2005 10:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cali Thais,

Ya, I know. I was joking.

Sincerely,
Shark

Saturday, November 05, 2005 2:13:00 PM  
Blogger Cali Thais said...

Holy shit - I just realized who "Brandon" is and the reference to Han- It's not a place, it's a person. I just assumed it was my other cousin with the same name who lives in Cambodia. Damn I feel slow. And then the Shark comment. Wow, I need to start drinking again....

Monday, November 07, 2005 9:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home